Bridgewater, Mass.--Freshman midfielder Brandon Ramos (Boston, MA) and senior midfielder Dennis Vazquez (Providence, RI) each had three shots as the Rhode Island College men's soccer team suffered a 3-0 setback at Bridgewater State on Wednesday evening.
Bridgewater State 3, Rhode Island College 0
Bridgewater State (4-1)
Rhode Island College (1-2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Bridgewater State scored the only goal they would need for the game in the 21st minute when senior midfielder Kane Moran (Perth, Australia) tallied an unassisted goal for the 1-0 advantage.
• The Bears held the one goal lead heading into halftime after building a 6-3 advantage in shots for the first stanza.
• Senior midfielder Kessy Alves (Brockton, MA) notched an unassisted goal in the 65th minute to give the Bears a 2-0 advantage. Alves tallied his second goal of the game just over a minute later to put Bridgewater State up by three goals.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Sophomore goalkeeper Charlie Tashjian (West Warwick, RI) recorded four saves in the loss (1-2-1).
• Junior Nate Morgado (Dartmouth, MA) notched six stops in the win for Bridgewater State.
• RIC held a 13-12 advantage in shots and a 3-1 lead in corner kicks.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will open Little East play at home vs. Southern Maine on Saturday, Sept. 15 (1 p.m.).