Providence, R.I.--Senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) notched a double-double with 20 kills, 16 digs, three blocks and two service aces as the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team fell to Worcester State, 3-2, in a non-conference contest played at the Murray Center on Tuesday evening.
Worcester State 3, Rhode Island College 2
Worcester State (1-2)
Rhode Island College (1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) recorded 13 kills and six digs in the setback for the Anchorwomen.
• Senior outside hitter Amari King (Lawrence, MA) had 20 kills and 22 digs, while junior middle blocker Stephanie Chapin (Hampden, MA) tallied 11 kills, four digs and three blocks, in the win for Worcester State.
• Senior libero Megan Leavens (Storrs, CT) recorde a match-high 28 digs for the visiting Lancers, while senior Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) had 19 digs and four service aces for the Anchorwomen.
• Junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) notched a double-double for RIC with 42 assists, 11 digs and three kills. Senior Allie Nolan (Melrose, MA) recorded 40 assists and five digs in the victory for Worcester State..
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC registered a .090 (56 kills-38-201) hitting percentage, while Worcester State hit .206 (51-17-165) in the win.
• Each team had 84 digs in the contest.
• Worcester State had nine service aces and seven blocks, while RIC tallied five service aces and seven blocks in the match.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at Salem State on Thursday, Sept. 6 (7 p.m.).