Salem, Mass.--Freshman Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) recorded eight kills, seven digs and a pair of service aces to lead the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team to a 3-0 (25-9, 25-14, 25-24) victory at Salem State on Thursday evening.
Rhode Island College 3, Salem State 0
Rhode Island College (2-3)
Salem State State (1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) posted eight kills, four digs and a service ace in the victory for the Anchorwomen.
• Salem State senior middle hitter Jasmine Severino (Lawrence, MA) paced the Vikings with nine kills in the setback.
• RIC junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) recorded 23 assists, four digs and three service aces, while senior setter Mackenzie Salls (Turners Falls, MA) tallied 14 assists and four digs for Salem State.
• Freshman defensive specialist Wynter Conlon (East Walpole, MA) added four digs and four service aces for the Anchorwomen.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC registered a .253 (30-11-75) hitting percentage in the victory, while Salem State hit -.036 (20-23-83) in the contest.
• RIC notched 34 digs. Salem State recording 32 digs in the setback.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at Bridgewater State on Saturday, Sept. 8 (Noon).