Bridgewater, Mass. --Senior outside hitter Jillian Ward (Coventry, RI) narrowly missed a double-double with nine kills and 12 digs to lead the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team to a 3-0 (25-14, 25-18, 25-14) win at Bridgewater State on Saturday.
Rhode Island College 3, Bridgewater State 0
Rhode Island College (3-3)
Bridgewater State (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• RIC freshman outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) notched a match-high 12 kills for the Anchorwomen.
• Junior middle hitter Jessica Brielmaier (West Greenwich, RI) added six kills, four digs and four blocks for the visitors.
• RIC junior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) tallied 28 assists, eight digs and three kills, while senior libero Marisa Brynes (Cranston, RI) had 15 digs and a pair of service aces.
• Bridgewater State was paced by senior outside hitter Kayla Baril (Seekonk, MA) with six kills and three digs.
• Sophomore setter Casey Holmes (Norton, MA) recorded 10 assists in the setback for the Bears.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC registered a .356 (40-9-87) hitting percentage in the victory, while Bridgewater State hit .031 (22-19-96) in the contest.
• RIC had 54 digs and Bridgewater State recorded 34 digs in the setback.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will play at Smith on Thursday, Sept. 13 (7 p.m.).