Middletown, Conn.--Senior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) totaled 36 aces, two kills and eight digs for the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team in a pair of losses at the Wesleyan Invitational on Saturday afternoon.
THE BASICS MATCH #1
Bowdoin 3, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (0-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The Polar Bears took the match in three sets (25-11, 25-17, 25-16).
• Sophomore outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) led the way with five kills. Jutras had 18 assists.
• Junior defensive specialist Samantha Borges (Swansea, MA) led the club with 10 digs.
• Bowdoin sophomore middle blocker Adrienne Miller (Arlington, VA) led the Polar Bears 11 kills and four blocks.
THE BASICS MATCH #2
Wellesley 3, Rhode Island College 0
Rhode Island College (0-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wellesley took the match in three sets (25-22, 25-20, 25-19).
• Murphy and Jutras led the way once again with 10 kills and 18 assists, respectively.
• Borges and junior outside hitter Jenaeya Evans (Marietta, GA) each had 14 digs.
• Wellesley junior outside hitter Lauren Gedney (Huntersville, NC) led the Blue with 11 kills.
BY THE NUMBERS
• Murphy led the way on attack for the Anchorwomen with 15 combined kills in the two matches.
• Evans posted four kills and 17 digs in the two matches.
• Borges registered three kills and 24 digs in the two matches.
• Sophomore left side hitter Wynter Conlon (East Walpole, MA) totaled 11 digs in the two matches.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will host Smith on Tuesday, Sept. 10 (7 p.m.).