Framingham, Mass.-Senior right side hitter Sadie Swap (Ivoryton, CT) led the Anchorwomen with 10 kills, one dig and one block as the Rhode Island College women's volleyball team dropped their first match of the day vs. Salve Regina in five sets (11-25, 21-25, 25-16, 25-15, 11-15) at a tri-match hosted by Framingham State.
Salve Regina 3, Rhode Island College 2
Salve Regina (3-6)
Rhode Island College (1-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After falling behind, 2-0, with losses in the first two sets (25-11, 25-21), the Anchorwomen stormed back to forces a decisive game five with wins (25-16, 25-15) in the fourth and fifth sets. The Seahawks held off the RIC comeback bid with a win (15-11) in the final set.
• RIC dominated the third set with an 12-5 scoring run to win the stanza. The Anchorwomen were able to control the fourth set with the help of a 13-5 scoring run.
• Sophomore outside hitter Amelia Murphy (North Attleboro, MA) finished with nine kills, five digs and two blocks.
•Senior setter Jacqueline Jutras (Foster, RI) had a match-high 37 assists. She also contributed a pair of kills, four service aces and 13 digs.
• Junior Libero Samantha Borges (Swansea, MA) registered a match-high 25 digs.
BY THE NUMBERS
• RIC hit .099 (45-29153) while Salve hit .085 (47-32-173)
• The Anchorwomen led in digs (82-72), while the Seahawks had the advantage in kills (47-45).
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will face Framingham State (3 p.m.).